Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Manifesto for the hour

I hope people enjoyed my post about 21 random things, and I hope it makes you think about what you would write if you were tagged (and at least one person reading this has been-you know who you are). Lately, I've been feeling self-conscious about writing blog posts because they're usually about me (obviously). This makes for mostly one-sided conversation, with the exception of comments from mostly one person who lives on the other side of the world, and whose blog I follow and sometimes comment on. While I don't mind writing about myself (I started this blog as a way to let my parents know what's going on with me 8 hours south of them), sometimes I begin to wonder how self-centered I am becoming, how banal my topics, which in turn affects my inspiration. Which is why I have not been posting as much as I would like (my goal was to write at least a little something everyday).

But I hope to turn a new leaf today, in part because I need to keep writing. It keeps the senses sharp.

1 comment:

d-wain said...

I went through this "blog-identity crisis" a while ago, too, and I empathize completely with the guilty feeling of being a narcissist for writing only about your own life. It's the same reason I don't read memoirs and despise the genre: it's the ultimate form of navel-gazing.

With that said, there's something different about the vignettes on a blog. I thoroughly enjoy reading yours, and I will keep you accountable to this new turned-leaf.

Besides, you're iced in; what the hell else do you have to do?