Saturday, November 07, 2009

Cats

Today I am thankful for my cats.

I don't think we ever realize how much our pets do for us.  To them, you are absolutely normal.  They like you just the way you are, even if you sing to them in awful operatic voices and pick them up for far too frequent cuddles.  Think how serious this is, to be accepted at face value.  There is no pretense, no hiding of your true self behind the flimsy disguise you wear for work.  To be confronted by a creature that sees you, and likes what she sees, is no small thing.

Other reasons why I like cats:

Pope and Sasha rudely awakened from their nap


"I love cats.  I love their grace and their elegance.  I love their independence and their arrogance and the way they lie and look at you, summing you up, surely to your detriment, with that unnerving, unwinking, appraising stare."--Joyce Stranger.

1 comment:

Super Blogger said...

I have one cat named Nala. She is striped and creamy white and orange. She has green eyes and follows me everywhere. My mom thinks that I am like a cat because I am serene.

-Super Blogger