Friday, May 14, 2010

Michelangelo in the west

I've been in Fort Worth, TX this past week for the ELUNA (Ex Libris Users of North America) conference.  The conference is focused on the various library software products provided by Ex Libris, so I got to complain heartily about library systems with fellow techie librarians who can empathize and hear about the next generation system that Ex Libris says will make our working lives easier.  We'll see.

After the conference ended yesterday, I walked to the Kimbell Art Museum to see "The Torment of Saint Anthony" which is apparently the earliest know painting by Michaelangelo.  For lack of a better word, it was quite simply stunning.


I didn't find out just how long the distance between the hotel and museum was until I returned to hotel and looked it up on google maps. It was definitely worth the 6 mile round-trip jaunt.

No comments: