Monday, November 26, 2007

Go wild with your tagging

I am supposed to consider the joys of tagging for another lesson in the EKU Learning 2.0 series (I am woefully behind):

Maybe some of you have noticed that I've been adding tags to some of my posts. They're not very useful right now, unless I can find a way to get them to display in the right column. Their usefulness grows ever clearer as I realize how helpful they would be in finding some long-ago post. Several times I've had to scroll through my entire blog, trying to find my post on those evil creatures of hell: cave crickets. Imagine how much easier it would be if I just added the tag "cave_crickets" to that well-worn post. All I have to do is click on that tag, and a list of the posts I've created on cave crickets will magically appear.

Now that I've opened an account on flickr, I plan to be diligent in applying tags to each picture. There will come a day when the number of photos on my flickr account will outnumber the grains of sand on a beach and I will be very thankful that I can gather together all pictures of Pope being stupid, or all pictures of our hikes in Damascus, VA, etc.

No comments: