Friday, December 14, 2007

I just made something

I can't believe it! I actually made my very own mashup. It's quite simple and not very useful for anyone but myself and a few janeites (if that). I mashed together RSS feeds from two different Jane Austen blogs, AND sorted the entries by publication dates so that they will be interfiled in the output page. You can see it here: Jane Austen.

This is about the extent of what I can mashup. If you look at the "Create a Pipe" section of the Yahoo Pipes website, you will see how complicated it looks, at least to a layperson like me. (You have to have a yahoo account to look at it). If I had more time, I could probably figure out a few other ways to mash things up by looking at what others have done. I'll save that for a rainy day.

For some really cool mashups, see the Mashup Awards website.

No comments: