Sunday, May 20, 2007

About a month ago, I applied for a scholarship to attend a library technical services conference in Bowling Green May 17-19. I found out that someone else got it, and forgot about it.

Then I got a call last Tuesday inviting me to come. The first thing I thought was: "Oh great, now I have to meet people."

But then, amazingly enough, immediately (the fact that this was immediate is what makes it amazing) after that thought I told myself to get over it and returned the call to accept it.

I've realized that most people I will meet are not the Lord God Emperors of anything, except maybe their backyards. I've grown up and realized that people are normal--imagine that!

I don't think this story will have any significance for anyone except my parents (my Dad, when asking me how my day was at high school, asked, 'But did you talk to anyone?' and I thought about it for a minute and said 'No.')

No comments: