Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thursday night I made Asparagus and mushroom bread pudding, from Barabara Kingsolver's book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It was delicious--even Jon, the bona fide cook of the household, he who instinctively knows what kind of spices, and how much of each to add to even the most mundane dish, told me so. If anyone is so inclined, they can probably look it up at the website for the book (listed in the post below).

Asparagus is my most favorite vegetable. I hope we can grow it here.

Dad, speaking of vegetables, have you seen the latest V8 commercials? Maybe someone needs to knock you on the head. When Ben and I were growing up, we (oddly enough for kids) accepted that Dad didn't have to eat vegetables, even if we did. We recognized that Dad was exercising his adult privilege to do whatever he wanted, and that someday we, too, would have that power. It was only a matter of waiting... Though I haven't used it to banish veggies from my life.

No comments: