Monday, April 26, 2010

Research

I've beenvaguely immersing myself in all things British (or imagining that I am) as we gear up for our trip in June.  My preparations and research are not at all in-depth or serious, as I really don't know what constitutes British-ness.  Great Britain is so like, and yet not, America that it's hard to pinpoint where the fault-lines fall.  The interstitial differences between the two countries are so narrow, more on a molecular level rather than something that can be discerned with the naked eye, that deliberately thinking on it tends to cloud comprehension even more.

My unorthodox research involves reading books such as:
and wandering the PR range at the library.

Watching movies and TV shows (which we all know are as close to real life as Harry Potter is a true depiction of British boarding schools) such as:
Browsing the Guardian and the Times Online.

It's all quite serious and objective, you know.

No comments: