Monday, February 20, 2006

There is an old man who is at the Y every time I go there. He shuffles around the fitness room with a somber expression and exercises with the lowest amount of effort possible. It's wonderful to see him there--aged people shouldn't be afraid to work out, but it's absolutely funny to see him on the recumbent bike, solemnly turning the wheels (I don't say "pedal" because that implies more action that what he does) as if it is his sworn duty.
This makes me wonder how other people see me there...

2 comments:

d-wain said...

Cute! Aged people... Very kind.

There was an old man who used to jog/walk (wog?) around Euclid and UK's campus, and it was great fun to see him swinging his arms vigorously while his legs slowly worked to keep pace. He had this great handle-bar moustache and a little stocking cap that he always wore, but you couldn't stop looking at the bright red pants that he wore! Lycra, I believe, or at least sweat pants too small for him.

Laura said...

You know, I think I've seen him before. He wears tiny shorts in summer that show off his chicken, vein-popping legs. He's come into Joseph-Beth before. He would always ask for books on Hemingway.