Monday, November 28, 2005

Turkey day was good, as always. Debbie said, "Here we are, with all these healthy vegetables, and look what we're doing to them!" It was quite nice not doing anything for a couple of days. It feels weird working at a place that willingly closes for just about any holiday, and for the days around them. I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm supposed to be at Joseph-Beth, smiling in the face of post-thanksgiving sale anarchy.
This makes me quite thankful that I'm on the path towards a decent job, not just because it would close around the holidays and all that (which seems pathethic to be thankful for, but I have a new appreciation for it after being in retail), but because it seems like employees in such circumstances are more respected, have more expected of them, instead of being just another cog in the machine.

No comments: